Need help with your research project?
Do you struggle with doing research? Do you have trouble figuring out what resources to consult for research? Are you confused about MLA or APA citation? Then, you should check out the Research Succes Toolkit! The link to this LibGuide below will provide you with a roadmap to complete your next research assignment from start to finish.
Research Strategy Worksheet
Print the worksheet to use for any research project for any class.
Still can't find what you're looking for?
If you are struggling to find appropriate research materials for your next assignment, your best resource is the library staff! If you would like to see a new LibGuide created for a specific subject or topic, please let us know.
Google Books Search
If you are looking for online research sources in a particular subject area, you have come to the right place!
Finding sources for research can be overwhelming but the MCTC Library staff is here to help you!
We provide access to a number of databases that contain scholarly and authorititve research and we have also located many appropriate websites for you to consider as sources for your research.
Below is a list of all the Guides organized by subject and information formats for your quick reference. If you cannot find information you need, stop by your campus library, call or e-mail us!
- Assessment Resources
- Atlas and Map Resources
- Books and Audio/Visual Resources
- Career Resource Center
- Children's Literature Resources
- Citation Guide
- Cosmetology-MCTC Libraries
- eBooks and Fiction
- English 271: New Testament as Literature.
- GEN 100/102 Library Assignment
- Graphic Novels
- Health Sciences Resources
- History Resources
- Interlibrary Loans
- Journal/Magazine Articles
- Kentucky Resources
- Lexile Tools
- LVC Nursing Guide
- Maysville CTC English 101 Research Strategy Tutorial
- Maysville CTC English 102 Advanced Research Library Tutorial
- MCTC Recommended Readings
- Mobile Apps You Can Use!
- Online Newspaper Resources
- Other Web Resources
- Plagiarism, Fair Use and Copyright Guide
- Psychology Resources
- Reading/Writing Library Tutorial
- Research Success Toolkit
- Service-Learning Resources
- State Your Case!
- Welcome to Maysville CTC LibGuides!
Meet the MCTC Library Faculty and Staff
Sonja Eads, Director of Library Services
1-606-759-7141, ext. 66126
Carla Redden, Librarian
1-606-759-7141, ext. 66190
Jackie Hawes, Library Coordinator, Maysville Campus
Carla Keller, Library Specialist, Licking Valley Campus
1-859-234-8626, ext. 66417
Kathy Riddle, Library Specialist, Rowan Campus
1-606-783-1538, ext. 66366
Seth Sisler, Library Specialist, Maysville Campus
1-606-759-7141, ext. 66124
Garon Overley, Library Specialist, Maysville Campus
1-606-759-7141, ext. 66276
Truth about the Internet!
A major challenge with searching for information on the Internet is determining what is useful and what is not.
Not all web sites are truthful or reliable.
- Anyone can put together a legitimate looking site.
- Web pages are not regulated or monitored.
- Don't be so ready to "cut and paste" what you find into your research paper.
Rules about using free websites:
- Use library resources FIRST in your research!
- The Internet is another place to search for information on a reseach topic.
- The Internet should not be the first place you go!
- The Internet can be very useful, if used wisely.
- Be sparing in using what you find on the Internet for a paper.