Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Criteria for Evaluating Websites
Keep in mind the following criteria (CRAAP Test) when faced with the challenge to accept or reject information:
- Currency: When was the article or content written? Is it current, timely? Is it out of date? Could the information be written in a historic context?
- Relevance: Is the information appropriate for the topic? Who is the intended audience?
- Authority: Who wrote the article? Professionals in the field? General public? What are the author's credentials?
- Accuracy: Could the magazine article information be verified through other sources?
- Purpose: Is someone trying to persuade the audience to see a point of view or opinion? Is the information provided to promote or sell a product? Is the information fact or opinion?