Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
MCTC Library Online
Whenever you need to find answers to questions, go to the library! We are there for you!
The library's home page is found on Maysville.kctcs.edu > Current Students > Library.
For campus library hours and for institutional and holiday closings at each campus go to Library Hours.
Student Photo ID Card
If you haven't already, please make sure to request to have your MCTC Student/Photo ID Card made to pick up at your convenience!
Your MCTC Student ID serves as your library card and student identification card. You will also need your card to purchase textbooks at the Barnes and Noble campus bookstores and to sell back books. When you are on campus, you are required to wear/display your Student ID for security purposes.
To request a Student ID, please complete the online form. Be sure to read the guidelines for the photo you include.
If you lose your MCTC Student/Photo ID Card, you will need to pay a $10 replacement fee at your campus library or business office.
To pick up your ID you will need to present a copy of your official schedule (that shows your name, ID number and the current semester) and another form of photo ID (i.e. driver's license.)
Did you know...?
You can check out cell phone and mobile device chargers, headphones or noise-cancelling headphones at the front desk of your campus library? Just ask!
If you come to the library...
The MCTC Libraries each have different kinds of resources for you to check out for both research and entertainment! All three libraries have DVD collections, children's books, graphic novels, reference, newspapers and magazines. The Maysville Campus Library also houses the following collections:
- Adult Easy Reading
- Career Shelf (ONLY AT MAYSVILLE CAMPUS)
- Graphic Novels
- Young Readers Books
- Kentuckiana (Kentucky-related literature and historical materials)
- Oversize Books
- MCTC Scrapbooks (Newspaper clippings of the college's history)
Need library materials? No problem!
To check out library materials, we now have additional options for getting the books and DVDs you need (excluding reserve materials)!
- As always, you can visit your campus library and get assistance from the library staff to select the library materials you need!
- You can request materials be pulled for you and picked up at your home campus! You can do this by locating the item(s) you want in Primo and then chosing the "Get It" option, then "Request" to chose the campus you want to pick up from and to provide other information with library staff.
- You can request materials be mailed to your home! See the form ("Request for mailed library materials") on this page for more info.
- You can borrow materials from other libraries through our Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service! To request items not available at MCTC campus libraries, complete the form here. Be sure to plan ahead since ILL materials usually take about a week to arrive for pickup at your campus library!
MCTC Library Lending Policies
Below are the borrowing and lending policies for MCTC Libraries.
- Students must present their Photo ID/Library card to check out library materials.
- Books and non-reserve DVDs may be requested to be picked up at each campus library by using the "Get It" option in the item record in Primo.
- If students are unable to make it to campus, they may request that library materials be mailed to them. See the form above for more information!
- Students may check out 6 items in total at a time.
- Books check out for four weeks at a time. Renewals are for 14 additional days.
- Only 2 of the 6 items maximum that can be checked out can be audio-visual materials, such as DVDs, CDs and books on CD.
- DVDs check out for one week at a time. No renewals.
- Overdue notices will be sent by e-mail to students to KCTCS e-mail accounts.
- If any material is lost, the replacement fee will be $30 for books and printed materials and $20 for audio-visual materials.
- All library patrons will be assessed replacement costs if library material is returned damaged, regardless of when the material was returned.
- A financial HOLD will be placed on a student's record for library materials that have gone to lost status. Books become lost 14 days after the the due date. Audio-visual items become lost 7 days after the due date. Replacement costs must be paid at the campus Business Office. No fines will be assessed for library items returned in good condition.
Check out the full MCTC Library borrowing policy.